Racing at FGSC
- Wednesday evenings from April to August – Social racing with toasties to follow.
- Saturdays – Mo’s training once a month. Informal racing in the afternoon.
- Sundays – Club fleet and Menagerie racing.
- Open Meetings – We are joined by visiting fleets for class-specific racing.
- Club Championship: Five events counting towards the overall championship
- Individual events: Pursuit, Easter and Icicle Races.
- Vintage Merlin Rockets
- London Windsurfing Association
Typical Race Process
The race is concluded once you have sailed the indicated number of laps or the next time you cross the finish line after the course has been shortened: this is indicated by two “hoots” from the race boat together with hoisting flag “S” (blue square on a white background). Sometimes the fleet may be spread over the whole course so that shortening the course moments after a boat has just crossed the line is possible: in such circumstances that boat will have to sail the lap it just started in order to finish correctly.